Sorry. I know it’s been a long time since I shared anything here; it must be bad because my friends have even starting complaining about the lack of new recipes (despite still being in receipt of my cooking!). I do have an excuse (of sorts), we just bought our very own flat, which is of course exciting, but it does mean weekends are filled with DIY and trips to Ikea. I’ve also been cooking a very special bun in my oven (if you catch my drift) which has robbed me somewhat of the motivation to actually photograph and write up a recipe. Thankfully, I’ve still been cooking…and eating.
I’ve got a few recipes that I’m hoping to share with you soon, but in the meantime I wanted to share some of my favourite things from the past few months.
- I made this lovely apple cake at the weekend from the Ottolenghi cookbook – the icing on the cake (literally) is the maple syrup cream cheese icing.
- Have the heard about the Joy the Baker podcast? It’s perfect company for a gym session, long walk or even the housework.
- I’ve discovered Pinterest, big time. Here are some of my boards: cake ideas, recipes and the home.
- Speaking of recipes, this ice cream is outrageously good, as are these muffins.
- Oh, and when I’m making all these sweet things, this makes me feel healthy (I added prawns to my version, which was delicious).
- This website has been distracting me at work.
- I finally went to Trullo for some truly delicious Italian food (and you can reserve!) and I got to Pitt Cue at 5.45pm to beat the queues for a meal that was well worth it (order the slaw if you go and save room for dessert).
- Of course, I’m still loving Brixton Village and the current favourite is Mama Lan for excellent dumplings and the best chicken wings ever.
- None Found